29 September 2009

Not You, Too!

During my Annual Performance Review with my supervisor yesterday, we were discussing a training process that he'd like to see me involved in. I was nodding intently and tracking our discussion until I heard him say, "Within the next year, I'd like to see you engaged." Say what? He was the last person I'd have expected to take an interest in my love life (or utter lack thereof)! I had a few moments of confusion, during which it seemed likely that I'd say something to the effect of, Whoa, there - back off!, but when his meaning sank in, I started laughing. He meant that he'd like to see me engaged in the training process within the next year, not engaged to be married! And I had wondered if he'd been talking to my mother...

You know you've been single for too long when your boss lists "get engaged" among your 12-month career goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment